WHAT IS FACTORY BERLIN?
Factory Berlin is an international community of innovators and changemakers who empower each other to create, share, and disrupt. Inspired by Andy Warhol’s famed Factory in New York, Factory Berlin brings together the brightest minds from tech, politics, arts, and science into one dynamic and collaborative ecosystem. Our members’ extraordinary drive for innovation impel them to become the opinion leaders of tomorrow.
Our community comes together at our locations in two of Berlin’s most historic and sought after areas, Mitte and Görlitzer Park, in an inspiring environment designed to facilitate our members’ inherent desire to pave the way of the future. We regularly host events curated for the local Berlin ecosphere to bring like-minded people together and encourage them to share expertise, experiences, and ideas.
Defined by the various social milieus that bring us together, Factory Berlin is a melting pot of personalities, skills, and resources, representing the intriguingly diverse atmosphere of Germany’s bustling capital.
WHAT IS A FACTORY MEMBERSHIP?
A Factory Membership comprises three main elements: access to our network, access to our events and dual access to both of our campuses (Factory Mitte and Factory Görlitzer Park).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A FACTORY MEMBERSHIP?
Members reap a number of benefits from being a part of our community. A few examples:
- With the help of our Digital Platform and Community Management Team, members are matched with other community members based on their needs and interests. This could include things like:
- Introductions to investors and VCs
- Meeting potential cofounders
- Getting to know potential team members, such as developers, designers or marketeers
- Having access to a number of curated freelancers and service providers in the fields of tax and law advisory, marketing and communications, software development, outsourcing/nearshoring etc.
- Getting feedback and advice from mentors and industry experts
- Being matched with potential corporate partners and clients
- Members gain access to a number of educational classes and workshops, provided by experts in their field (e.g. Google for Entrepreneurs workshops, member-to-member skill sharing workshops)
- Members can attend our exclusive member events and get preferred access to public ones, such as our famous Fireside Chats, Meet & Pitch sessions and Coffee Talks
- Members have access to a number of perks and discounts from our variety of partners
- Members can access both of our Factory Campuses, which are open Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 9:00pm, and include:
- Flexible desks
- Meeting rooms
- Printing and scanning
- Coffee, tea and water
- A meditation room
- Quiet working areas
- A device library courtesy of Google for Entrepreneurs for testing apps and websites on different operating systems and resolutions
- Phone booths
- Postal service with an address at Factory Berlin
- The fastest WIFI in Berlin
- Members are part of our online community and can connect with other members digitally 24/7
- Members have access to any Google and Google for Entrepreneurs campuses worldwide through the Google for Entrepreneurs Passport Program
- Members can host events in our various event spaces at heavily discounted rates
HOW MUCH IS A MEMBERSHIP?
A membership currently costs up to €119 per month, depending on the membership plan. There are no additional costs associated with a membership, so aspects such as meeting room usage, printing, coffee and so forth are included in the price.
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF A MEMBERSHIP AND WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION PERIOD?
Memberships run indefinitely unless they are cancelled. Before applying for membership, there are two things to keep in mind:
- Firstly, we have a minimum commitment period of three full months. During this period all new members will be integrated into the community in a supported manner.
- Secondly, we have a cancellation notice period of one full month. This means that a membership will cease at the end of the month following the formal notice.
CAN A MEMBERSHIP BE PAUSED?
We do not pause, suspend or hold memberships. The primary benefit a membership provides is access to the community, which is available even if a member is not on campus or in the country.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
You can join Factory Berlin by applying here. We carefully select all applicants to guarantee that we enrich our community with every single new member. Our Community Management Team reviews if the business idea, industry and ultimately the potential member as a personal fit for our community. You will either be directly accepted, invited to a personal interview or declined. Following your personal interview, you will be advised whether your application for membership has been successful or not. With this process in mind, it is very important that all applicants take the time to submit a proper, detailed and thoughtful application.
CAN I APPLY WITH A TEAM?
All memberships are allocated on a personal basis, and we will not assign a general membership to a company. If you would like to apply with some colleagues, each person must apply separately and will be assessed on an individual basis.
WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN AN APPLICATION?
We look for individuals that are innovative, driven and interested in contributing to and being part of an active community. You can be a first-time founder or serial entrepreneur, a student, a freelancer or a professional; what is important that you want to help in building a strong and supportive community with a “give first” attitude, and that you are working in a field related to technological innovation.
If you are looking for a workplace only, there are solutions out there that are much better suited to you than Factory Berlin. If you are looking to be part of an inspiring, uplifiting, innovative community of people that help each other succeed, want to take advantage of great events and work within a collaborative and supportive environment, then we truly believe that there’s nothing better than Factory Berlin.
CAN I HAVE A TOUR IN THE COMMUNITY SPACE OR ATTEND A TRIAL DAY?
I’M IN BERLIN FOR A SHORT TIME, CAN I HAVE A MEMBERSHIP JUST FOR THAT PERIOD?
As we are a business club, we are interested in members that want to contribute to and benefit from our community for the long-term. If you need a desk for a few days, there are great coworking spaces in Berlin that we can recommend.
DOES FACTORY HAVE BOOKABLE OR DEDICATED DESKS?
As Factory Berlin is a business club and not a coworking space, we do not offer any fixed or dedicated desks, only flexible working spaces.
DOES FACTORY RENT PRIVATE OFFICE SPACES?
We do not rent private office spaces for companies at either of our campuses. This is again due to the fact that Factory is a business club, and not a coworking space. This means that our focus is to connect community, and our facilities are neither intended nor designed for individuals or teams to consider as their primary workspace.
We do have some dedicated project labs for teams in our specific focus areas (such as IoT, AI, machine learning, mobility and so forth), who are working on collaborative projects with our partners and other startups in the house. However, we do not have a model for the renting of office space.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESERVE PRIVATE MEETING ROOMS?
Yes, a Factory Membership includes the option to book meeting rooms for up to two hours per day, in 30 minute slots. Members can book the meeting rooms by themselves, using Teem software or our Factory Berlin App.
CAN I BRING GUESTS IF I’M A MEMBER?
Our members are allowed to have two guests with them at a time in our community spaces. If you need to have more external people in the space (e.g. meeting with investors, clients, workshop) – you have to book a meeting room in advance, and let our reception team know the names of the people that you expect in our space.
Although we do not have a limit on the number of guests that you may bring into the space, generally once the same person has been signed in 5 or more times within a one-month period, we reach out to the member to try to understand a little more about why this person is visiting. The main reason for us making this enquiry is to find out whether it perhaps makes sense for this person to apply for a Membership with us, and thereby see what they may be able to contribute to our community.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO REGISTER MY COMPANY’S OFFICIAL ADDRESS AT FACTORY?
Yes, if you’re a member, no problem.
DOES FACTORY BERLIN OFFER A POSTAL SERVICE?
We offer the opportunity to receive business letters for your company which can be picked up at our front desk. Unfortunately we can’t accept packages for you.
I WOULD LIKE TO HOST, ATTEND, AND/OR SUGGEST AN EVENT AT FACTORY, WHO IS THE CONTACT?
Factory offers different great venues to host your events, and we give heavily discounted rates to our members. Find more information and get in touch with us here: http://factoryberlin.com/your-event-at-factory/
I’M NOT A FACTORY MEMBER. CAN I GET ACCESS TO THE FACTORY CAMPUS ANYWAY
Unfortunately, it is not possible to enter the community area if you are not a Factory member, or if you are not visiting one of our members. We have a public area, Factory Kitchen, where you can meet amazing people for great coffee, food and wifi (of course)! We also regularly host public events that we invite you to check out.
FACTORY IS AN OFFICIAL PARTNER OF GOOGLE FOR ENTREPRENEURS AND I AM A MEMBER OF A PARTNER CAMPUS – CAN I ENTER YOUR CAMPUS THEN, TOO?
We are thrilled to get to know great people from partner communities, too. Just bring your official GfE passport or membership card, get a stamp and feel at home here at Factory.