WHAT IS FACTORY BERLIN?
Factory Berlin is a business club for tech innovators. We exist to enable entrepreneurs and companies to live up to their full potential. To do so, we connect our members from both old and new economy and help them to solve their challenges through our community. As our club house, we run a 12,000 sqm large startup campus in the heart of Berlin.
WHAT IS A FACTORY MEMBERSHIP?
The Factory Membership is your key to Berlin’s leading startup community, where we focus on building connections between old and new economy, researchers, media and politics.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A FACTORY MEMBERSHIP?
Members reap a number of benefits from being a part of our community. A few examples:
- They are matched with other community members based on their needs and interests. This could include things like:
- Introductions to investors and VCs
- Meeting potential cofounders
- Getting to know potential team members, such as developers, designers or marketeers
- Having access to a number of curated freelancers and service providers in the fields of tax and law advisory, marketing and communications, software development or outsourcing / nearshoring
- Getting feedback and advice from mentors and industry experts
- Being matched with potential corporate partners and clients
- They get access to a number of educational classes and workshops, provided by experts in their field, for example through our Google for Entrepreneurs workshops
- They can attend our exclusive member events and get preferred access to public ones, such as our famous Fireside Chats, Meet & Pitch sessions and Coffee Talks
- They get a number of perks and discounts from our partners, for example discounted conference tickets, free cloud server space from our partner Digital Ocean or fast-track access to international accelerator programs
- They can use our Community Space which is open Mon-Fri from 9 am to 9 pm and includes
- Flexible desks
- Meeting rooms
- Printing & scanning
- Coffee, tea and water
- A nap room
- A device library courtesy of Google for Entrepreneurs for testing apps and websites on different operating systems and resolutions
- Phone booths
- Postal service with an address at Factory Berlin
- The fastest WIFI in Berlin
- They are part of our online community and can connect with other members digitally 24/7
- They have access to any Google and Google for Entrepreneurs campus worldwide through the Google for Entrepreneurs passport program
- They can host events in our 2,000 sqm event spaces at heavily discounted rates
HOW MUCH IS A MEMBERSHIP?
A memberships currently costs €50 per month, including VAT. There are no additional costs associated with a membership, so e.g. meeting room usage, printing, coffee etc is included already.
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF A MEMBERSHIP AND WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION PERIOD?
Memberships run indefinitely unless they are cancelled. A membership can be cancelled at the end of every month with a notice of 7 days, but please be aware that we usually do not accept members again in the future if they have cancelled a membership before.
HOW DO YOU BECOME A MEMBER?
You can join Factory Berlin by applying. We carefully select all applicants to guarantee that we enrich our community with every single new member. Our Community Management decides if the business idea, the industry and ultimately the potential member as a person fits our community.
You apply via http://application.factoryberlin.com. Your application will then be screened by our Community team and you will either be invited to a personal interview or declined. After your personal interview, you will be once again either accepted for membership or declined. That’s why a proper and thoughtful application is very important.
WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN AN APPLICATION?
We look for individuals that are innovative, driven and interested in contributing to and being part of an active community. You can be a first-time founder or serial entrepreneur, a student, a freelancer or a professional; what is important that you want to help in building a strong and supportive community with a “give first” attitude, and that you are working in a field related to technological innovation.
If you are looking for a workplace only, there are solutions out there that are much better suited to you than Factory Berlin. If you look to be part of an inspiring, uplifiting, innovative community of people that help each other succeed, want to take advantage of great events and work within a collaborative and supportive environment, there’s nothing better than Factory Berlin.
WHAT SPECIFICALLY MEANS ‘NO BULLSHIT POLICY’?
No bullshit policy means that we will not bullshit our members, and we expect our members no to bullshit each other either.
That means our services are included in the membership, and we will not nickle and dime our members for every minute they use a meeting room, every page they print or every cup of coffee they drink. All that is included in the price.
But that also means that we ask them not to camp in a meeting room if they don’t need it for a meeting, to leave a desk as they found it, and to not direct unsolicited offers at our members or poach team members from them.
We have built a positive and respectful community at Factory, and this depends on positive and respectful members.
CAN I BRING GUESTS IF I’M A MEMBER?
Yes, of course.
CAN I HAVE A TOUR IN THE COMMUNITY SPACE?
CAN I DO A TRIAL DAY?
DOES FACTORY HAVE BOOKABLE OR DEDICATED DESKS?
As Factory Berlin is a business club and not a coworking space, we do not offer any fixed or dedicated desks, only flexible ones.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESERVE PRIVATE MEETING ROOMS?
Yes, part of the Membership features are bookable meeting rooms. You can book the meeting room yourself using our booking software (Teem). All you need to do is activate your account and start booking rooms, so easy! Just have on your mind that meeting rooms can be booked for up to two hours a day, in 30 minute slots.
DO YOU HAVE OFFICE SPACE AVAILABLE?
Please fill out this form with your requirements. If we have a space available that might be a fit with your requirements, we will get in touch.
Please know that Factory Members get preferred access to our office space.
I’M NOT A FACTORY MEMBER. CAN I GET ACCESS TO THE FACTORY CAMPUS ANYWAY?
I WOULD LIKE TO HOST, ATTEND, AND/OR SUGGEST AN EVENT AT FACTORY, WHO IS THE CONTACT?
Factory offers different great venues to host your events, and we give heavily discounted rates to our Members. Find more information and get in touch with us here: http://factoryberlin.com/your-event-at-factory/
IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE MY COMPANY’S OFFICIAL ADDRESS AT FACTORY?
Yes, if you’re a member, no problem.
DOES FACTORY BERLIN OFFER A POSTAL SERVICE?
We offer the opportunity to receive letters for your company which can be picked up at our front desk. Unfortunately we can’t accept packages for you.
FACTORY IS AN OFFICIAL PARTNER OF GOOGLE FOR ENTREPRENEURS AND I AM A MEMBER OF A PARTNER CAMPUS – CAN I ENTER YOUR CAMPUS THEN, TOO?
We are thrilled to get to know great people from partner communities, too. Just bring your official GfE passport or membership card, get a stamp and feel at home here at Factory.
I’M IN BERLIN FOR A SHORT TIME, CAN I HAVE A MEMBERSHIP JUST FOR THAT PERIOD?
As we are a business club, we are interested in members that want to contribute to and benefit from our community for the long-term. If you need a desk for a few days, there are great coworking spaces in Berlin that we can recommend.